Isaac loves baby Ga so much. He love to rub Mama's tummy. He loves to kiss Mama's tummy. He loves to say, "I love you, baby Ga" and give her a big circle hug. Honestly, when we are home all day together, I think the number of tummy rub strokes is near 100.
The week I started back to work (Sept 4th-ish) I got massive cankles. Which is a silly term for fat ankles. With Isaac I had swelling just in one ankle the day before I gave birth. Apparently this time the combination of unaccustomed exercise and a return of hot weather made for some anklebone-less days. Luckily, they have since gone away. I was pretty sad about them for a while. They certainly are not attractive. Not that being attractive is everything, but it is nice to feel good at least about your ankles.
Baby Ga has been generating many compliments recently. Yesterday evening I got "hit on" by a really homely guy at Fred Meyer (a wonderful place to go if you want to be hit on, apparently, as this is about the 4th time this has happened in the past year) who couldn't take a hint from my pregnant belly, wedding ring (that I am 100% sure will not come off until after baby Ga is born due to weight gain), and response to his, "What are you up to tonight?" being "Buying some milk for my son." Apparently this was not enough to turn him away, because he offered to pay for my groceries. I wanted to say, "No, my husband can take care of that," but decided to try the gentler, "No thanks, it's really okay," to see if he could take the hint. This apparently was enough for this guy to finally get it. I get it that pregnant ladies can be found attractive, but if you are not the best looking man and you lack social skills (this sounds shallow, but hey, did anyone I know really marry a completely unattractive guy? Yeah, didn't think so.)... if you are that guy, you should be checking the left hand of the ladies. If they are taken, your bird-hunting needs to occur elsewhere. I should probably be flattered, but, nah, it was just awkward and unnecessary....
Ha! That's funny & bizarre. You are obviously taken ... pregnant, wedding ring ...
ReplyDeleteI forgot to read this post! I had better make sure not to miss these stories!
ReplyDelete