Friday, December 7, 2012

little dolly

Our little beauty - a lot of people say she looks like a little doll! Maybe it is her perfect little nose, eyes and mouth, or maybe it is the nice, plump cheeks. Or the hair. A lot of people seem to like the hair. I guess the hair is old news to us. When Sonia was born, the first thing I thought was, yep, there's another one of our babies. With Isaac I had no idea what our babies would look like, but when I saw that dark hair this time, I knew that she was definitely one of us. :)

Here she is dancing with Boompa at Thanksgiving.


When Boompa first saw her, he said, "Isn't she a doll?" Isaac said, "She is NOT a doll." He is very literal right now. He calls her "my baby" in addition to calling her his little sister and "baby Sonia".

Sonia is very tolerant of silly things like Mama tucking her into bed like this for a picture.

She is looking around more and more. I think she has started to interpret what some things are, because she definitely has some preferences for faces and moving objects. She really likes to look at Papa's face, but she will study other faces too. 
Aren't baby legs just the cutest ever? I am pretty sure I have pictures of just Isaac's legs too. What I love about newborn legs is how they curve in so nicely and how they are so short in comparison to the body that all socks are knee-high. Way too cute. These socks are from Mama's co-worker, Beth. 
Just for fun, I thought we should take a picture of baby Sonia "standing" next to Isaac. She is doing her job and growing! But, she still has a ways to go. At her 2 week checkup, she was 9 lbs 3 ounces and 20.7 inches long. Good work Sonia! (I feel like I already wrote that somewhere, but maybe it was in her baby book). 
Sonia also has her own little doll. Isaac tries to give it to her like other toys. This one is just small enough that she can "hold on" to it with her arm. 
She really does love her Papa so much. I think she is going to be a Daddy's girl. 

The other night I was playing with her and thought it was so funny, because her eyes were closing when I laid her down, then opening when I put her upright, just like those baby dolls do! So of course, I had Papa take a video. 


That's about it for now, I guess. I think Sonia is going through a growth spurt. She has been eating a ton lately! I think her tummy might be growing too because it seems like she is spitting up a little less overall. Not that she is a big spitter-upper, but sometimes little tummies can only take so much! 



1 comment:

  1. I love all these pictures!! I especially love the one on the top with her in the bed with the natural light. Sonia is so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete