Isaac is at Nana's right now, so Miss Sonia is getting to pretend she is the only child until Thursday. I took advantage of this to learn a ton more about how to care for curly hair (hint: Youtube is helpful in this regard. I looked at the sunkissalba channel but there are lots of people with videos and advice. I found a blog called de su mama too that also mentioned a bit about hair care). I wasn't doing it wrong, per se, just missing about 5 steps. And yes, I probably need to buy a few more hair products... but I think now that I get the routine, I will at least finish what we have.
In this picture I was deep conditioning Sonia's hair. I clarified it prior to the deep condition, and applied the strengthening masque right before she fell asleep. Of course she slept for 3 hours, which was a bit longer than the one hour they recommended, but I figured it wouldn't hurt, and plus, you aren't going to wake up a 21 month old.... I'll try to keep you updated on how it goes. I am realizing I need to get better at a lot of things, so am trying to take them one at a time, but the hair care routine has been a need for awhile. On a separate, but probably psychologically related note, Sonia's Tantie Lydie is coming to visit for one month, starting this coming Tuesday, September 2nd! I'm so excited but kind of nervous too. I hope she won't be bored and everything will go okay. She's the first of Papa's family to come to the U.S. so I feel like I'd better be getting things ready!
Look at that spa girl!!
ReplyDelete