Monday, August 4, 2014

Sunna is a champion!

Sonia went pee in the potty this morning! 

We are so proud of her! I said, "Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay Sonia!" and Isaac said, "Sonia, you are a champion! Let me give you a kiss!" and Sonia said "She's did it!"  (Isaac took this picture, in case you are wondering, so we are showcasing it.)

Her diaper was dry all last night and I thought maybe I could get her right when she woke up to empty her bladder in the potty. I have been trying and trying to get her to go on the potty, but this was the first time it actually happened. In the last week she has been good about telling me immediately after she goes poop or pee. I was so glad she could actually experience going pee in the potty so she can start to get the connection (because I don't think she was getting it before). Anyway, here's hoping we can be all potty trained in the next six months or so! Some of her diapers (not the covers, but the actual diapers) are starting to get a little raggedy.

Sonia calls herself "Sunna" right now. It is pretty cute. She also refers to herself a lot in third person. When I change her diaper (whether it is poop or pee) she will often say, "She pooped!" This is extra funny to me because she says the "oo" like a French "u" although we don't really speak a ton of French to her. If you don't know what I'm talking about, it's like getting your mouth ready to say "ee" and saying "oo" instead. More lip tension. 

She is talking so much, that it is going to be crazy how much she is talking when she turns two. She says things like "Ana (I wanna) talk Papa" and "Papa byebye work" "Ana (I don't) likea the egg". Apparently she said the other day, "Ana likea Mama" when she was with Papa! Granted, I think she does like me at least enough to ask me to hold her sometimes, but it is just funny how this little girl can combine words. She is a clever one.  

1 comment:

  1. such a big girl!! Noted Isaac's feet next to potty as well :)

    ReplyDelete