Friday, November 15, 2013

zoo trip

We went to the zoo a few weeks ago. It was Sonia's first trip to the zoo! It was definitely a bit last-minute. That is one of the plusses of living in Salem. We are only about an hour away from Portland now. It's easy to take a little trip up there if we want. This is the only time we have done it so far, but maybe we'll go again soon. Since it was such a short time it looks like I took more pictures of the people than the animals.





 Sonia was not feeling so well, but she was a good sport.




 After a long day, sometimes a girl just needs a snuggle with her Papa. Poor little Sonia was not feeling great.... 
 We visited Uncle Greggy though after our zoo trip! That was fun! I hadn't been by his place before. Now we will have to visit more often. If you want to play pinball, he has a machine. :)
We love you Uncle Greggy! Can't wait to see you for Thanksgiving!

One other little story. We went to "The African Store" in Portland (Caribbean Spice, on 42nd and Prescott) while we were there. I'm pretty sure the owner remembers us. We did take a package down to Eugene for her once. Anyway, she said about Sonia, "Wow, she just looks exactly like you. Not like Dad at all." Either I didn't pick up on the sarcasm or she was being serious, but I can tell you my reaction was (in my head, of course) "You are making stuff up, lady." Then she proceeded to say, "But he (Isaac) looks more like a mix of both of you." Okay, if anything, it should be the reverse. I think Isaac does definitely have characteristics of both of us, but he really looks a lot like Uncle Mikey, with Papa's eye shape. Sonia, to me, still looks much more like Papa's side of the family, although occasionally I can see myself in her a little (we do have the same eye shape) . Who knows though? Maybe the store owner saw something I don't see..

1 comment:

  1. What a fun trip to the zoo!! Yes, I agree that it is good to take pictures of the people because you know, a gazelle is a gazelle and all zebras look the same year after year. People on the other hand, especially little people, look different from one year to the next. Love that picture with Sonia and Henri together...check out those long lashes.
    That's funny the lady thought Sonia looked exactly like you...yes, everyone sees things different through their eyes. I think they are both a combination of both of you in different ways. And of course they are both extremely nice looking.

    ReplyDelete